The Star Trek Re-Watch Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S2E13 Obsession

2 posters

Go down

S2E13 Obsession Empty S2E13 Obsession

Post  Admin Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:08 pm

Original Air Date 12/15/67

The Enterprise must deal with a creature from Kirk's past that feeds on human blood.

Admin
Admin

https://trekwatch.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

S2E13 Obsession Empty Re: S2E13 Obsession

Post  Adam-12 Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:16 am

I don't have a lot of commentary for this episode. I'm really not a big fan of it but I do like the glimpse into Kirk's past and I appreciate what they tried to do story-wise with the young red shirt whose father used to be Kirk's captain. I do think Kirk was totally obsessed and, even though it turned out ok for him in the end, that really isn't a very good trait for a Starfleet Captain. Of course, Kirk has a lot of traits that probably aren't really good for a captain but they sure make entertaining TV!

There were two scenes in this ep that I did think were totally ridiculous and really took me out of it... One, when the red shirt (sorry, can't remember his name!) throws that thing at the wall and just happens to hit and break the controls on the ventilation unit. Way too coincidental for me. If this were Star Wars we would just say "there is no coincidence, there is the Force" but this is Trek, and that was too much. Also, later when Spock goes into the room and the gas starts coming through said vent, he pushes red shirt out of the way and then, when he realizes the control on the vent is broken he tries to stop the gas with his hands?!? So much for Vulcanian logic!

Adam-12
Admin

Back to top Go down