The Star Trek Re-Watch Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S2E24 The Ultimate Computer

2 posters

Go down

S2E24 The Ultimate Computer Empty S2E24 The Ultimate Computer

Post  Admin Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:15 pm

Original Air Date 3/8/68

Starfleet uses the Enterprise to test a new super-sophisticated computer, but it soon develops a mind of its own.

Admin
Admin

https://trekwatch.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

S2E24 The Ultimate Computer Empty Re: S2E24 The Ultimate Computer

Post  Adam-12 Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:31 am

What a great episode! Captain Kirk and Dr. Daystrom seemed to go a to the extreme in this one but the plot was good, and indicative of Trek's future, there weren't any dropped plot points, and it made sense!

It was obviously dealing with man's fear of being replaced by machinery and computers. I wonder how the writers feel today? In many respects our technology has surpassed that of TOS but, somehow, men still have jobs.

One thing I didn't like about this episode, and it's minor, is that the captain on one of the other ships that the Enterprise was attacking seemed to have forgotten about the M-5 computer tests. He just couldn't figure out why the Enterprise was really attacking them and why Kirk wouldn't respond. Nevermind that he was aware of the fact that there was a computer that was supposed to be controlling the ship. What a dumbass.

Other than the above minor issue, I really enjoy this episode and think it is easily one of my favorite TOS eps!

Adam-12
Admin

Back to top Go down