The Star Trek Re-Watch Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S2E14 Wolf in the Fold

3 posters

Go down

S2E14 Wolf in the Fold Empty S2E14 Wolf in the Fold

Post  Admin Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:09 pm

Original Air Date 12/22/67

A serial killer stalks a planet...and Scotty is the primary suspect.

Admin
Admin

https://trekwatch.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

S2E14 Wolf in the Fold Empty Re: S2E14 Wolf in the Fold

Post  Adam-12 Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:28 am

I think what struck me most about this episode was the fact that the main guy from the planet whose wife gets killed (sorry, can't remember his name... I think his title was Prefect) didn't seem to be too terribly upset about her dying! I would say that we don't really understand their culture and maybe they don't mourn or grieve the same way we do but, seriously, this planet is supposed to be all about love and no crimes are ever commited! You'd think this would be a HUGE deal and he would be crying himself to sleep!

Other than that, this is yet another ep where women are totally objectified, Kirk, Bones, and Scotty are there to get laid and that seems to be the main objective. Even at the end of the ep when the mystery is solved Kirk turns to Spock and says "Hey, buddy, lets go down to the planet. I know this place where the women are really loose and would put out even to you!" (I'm paraphrasing, of course! Wink)

Also, it's interesting to note that when the entity re-enters the high-pitched voice dude, they throw him on the transporter and beam him out into space... Um, but that guy doesn't really seem to be any more at fault than Scotty... seems to me like the entity could have entered anyone and caused them to kill. Maybe I misunderstood. Was he supposed to be the physical form of the entity? But wasn't he still in the room when the entity has entered the computer on the Enterprise?

I clearly wasn't a big fan of this episode. The idea of Jack the Ripper having been an alien life form is somewhat interesting but the execution was terrible. Oh well, they can't all be classics!

Adam-12
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:17 pm

It was an interesting... even if incredibly stupid... plot to have the voice of piglet be a serial killing spirit roaming the galaxy. I would like to think that piglet too was just one of the many victim/killers of the spirit. That's the kind of continuity I can get behind.

I think this ties it all together nicely:

Admin
Admin

https://trekwatch.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Adam-12 Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:02 pm

I'm just wondering how you knew this guy http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0275835/ was the voice of Piglet?

Adam-12
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dizzle Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:41 am

I knew because I remembered seeing this guy in the movie 12 Angry Men and thinking.. this is the voice of piglet. I confirmed that years ago. When I saw him again and heard that voice, I knew it was him.

Dizzle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down