The Star Trek Re-Watch Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S2E23 The Omega Glory

3 posters

Go down

S2E23 The Omega Glory Empty S2E23 The Omega Glory

Post  Admin Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Original Air Date 3/1/68

The Enterprise investigates the disappearance of another starship and discovers a planet where the inhabitants are immortal...and engaged in a strange parallel of Earth's Cold War period.

Admin
Admin

https://trekwatch.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

S2E23 The Omega Glory Empty Re: S2E23 The Omega Glory

Post  Adam-12 Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:08 am

Seriously, the parallel world thing is a bit much. That this other planet would develop the same names (Yankees and Communists), the same flags, and the same constitution is ridiculous! These guys should have been on the planet from season 1 that developed to look exactly like Earth! Ya, know, that plot point they forgot about?

Anyways, probably the most interesting thing about this episode was the camera work. There are several times when the camera zooms in on something we're supposed to be paying attention to. I thought this was interesting because it happens several times and I haven't noticed this in previous episodes. At least not multiple times in one ep. Also, when Kirk is trying to get his hands free they cut to a close-up several times that for some strange reason goes in slow motion. Weird.

Also, seems to me like it's a pretty bad idea to leave a human anywhere alone for any length of time. They tend to go mad and start interfering with the culture they're supposed to be leaving alone. Last time something like this happened the guy created the Nazi's on another planet!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this may be the first time they actually used the phrase "Prime Directive."

Adam-12
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dizzle Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:14 am

I feel like the only reason the Federation has a Prime Directive is so they can print it on Kirk's personal toilet paper. Cause he's basically wiping his ass with it every episode.

Dizzle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down